Fantastic news! Due to the overwhelming response to our Twitter campaign, we are extending the campaign for another week!
More donations – more prizes!!
THANK YOU DONORS!
Here’s the deal, we have a lot of people who still want to donate, tremendous momentum, awesome prizes (that just got even better) and we are getting close to hitting that $10k mark, so we’re going to extend the full-court press campaigning until 10 pm April 18, 2010.
Last week, Socialize Your Cause selected “WTF?’ (Where’s the Funding) for Lung Cancer?” as its featured cause of the week.
We used this opportunity to set an aggressive campaign goal: Collect $20 from 500 people in one week – raising $10,000.
Of course, people can donate any amount at any time. With lung cancer, there is no deadline for donations. In this case, we wanted to extend the campaign to ensure all who still want to donate are entered for the great prizes.
So we kindly ask, “Got $20?” Yes, twenty bucks. It CAN make a difference, seriously.
Lung cancer doesn’t care how old you are, whether you’ve ever smoked or not. ANYONE can get lung cancer. ANYONE!
Even scarier – lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer and the LEAST funded. Stigma be gone. Lung cancer doesn’t wait…neither can we.
Convinced already? Great, you can donate right here:
- 100% of your $20 goes directly to lung cancer research
- AND if you like yourself some fine golf, jewelry or laptop gadgets, keep reading! More goods in store for all donors!
Here’s Why EVERYONE Should Be Concerned About Lung Cancer
- Lung cancer is THE number one cancer killer and THE least funded (killing more people than breast, prostate, colon, leukemia, ovarian and cervical cancers—combined.)
- 60% of new lung cancer cases are diagnosed in people who have NEVER smoked or former smokers who quit decades ago. That’s right – 60%.
- Lung cancer is no longer a smoker’s disease. You don’t have to smoke to get it. Regardless, NO ONE deserves lung cancer.
- 220,000 people will be diagnosed with lung cancer this year. More than 161,000 will die from lung cancer this year.
- Even though lung cancer is the most deadly of all the cancers, it is the only major cancer that does not have a widely accepted screening test.
- The five-year survival rate for lung cancer has not changed in more than 40 years at 15%. This is absolutely unacceptable.
The only way we can make progress in increasing lung cancer’s survival rate is through research and early detection. This takes funding!
Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
And, for you donors… a chance at some amazing prizes!
How about hitting the links at Wild Horse Golf Course, rated one of the best golf courses in the country by Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and Golf Week Magazine?
For those who donate $100 or more, you will be entered into a drawing to win the following all expenses-paid Wild Horse Golf Club package for TWO:
- Two rounds of golf (36 holes), including cart
- Two nights lodging (Gothenburg, Nebraska)
- Coach Airfare (Restrictions apply)
- Car rental
- Food and drink vouchers
For those who donate $30, you will be entered into a drawing to win the Targus 16″ Crave Laptop Backpack.
- 5 lucky winners
- Designed to protect up to 16″ widescreen laptops
- Made of durable weather-resistant material which has been abrasion tested for durability and features a stain-guard coating to protect its surface
- Heavily cushioned back panel for added comfort and contoured shoulder straps for ergonomic support
- Great options for school or travel
- $50 value
How about one of these exclusive Jessica Kagan Cushman Bangles?
For those who donate $20, you will be entered into a drawing to win one of the Bonnie J Addario Lung Cancer Foundation bangles designed by Jessica Kagan Cushman, who’s line can be found in Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.
- 10 lucky winners
- Bracelets are original hand-poured resin and hand-inked scrimshaw
- Winners can choose from NEVER NEVER GIVE UP ON LUNG CANCER, HOPE TRIUMPHS OVER EXPERIENCE and IMAGINE…NO LUNG CANCER
- Bracelets are valued at $150 each
Really, if you donate, you can’t lose either way!
Convinced now? Here is the link to make a quick and easy donation.
Where Does Your Money Go?
“WTF?” has recently partnered with the Bonnie J Addario Lung Cancer Foundation (BJALCF), a foundation run by Bonnie J Addario, a lung cancer survivor and total go-getter. The BJALCF has created the Addario Lung Cancer Medical Institute (ALCMI), where the field’s foremost researchers, clinicians, etc., are working hard to develop, and speed up the delivery of, new and more effective treatment options for lung cancer patients.
In a nutshell, ALCMI is creating “personalized medicine” for lung cancer patients…and it is working. But, again, research takes funding. Here’s a fantastic video on what ALCMI is doing.
Please take advantage of this extended opportunity to donate and encourage others to do the same. Twenty dollars from 500 people THIS WEEK – $20 really CAN make a difference for a disease that no longer discriminates.